Co-Productions: Working with New Zealand
Screen Queensland (SQ) invites expressions of interest (EOI) from experienced Queensland narrative screen producers to take part in a series of meetings and networking events in New Zealand, with the goal of initiating co-production partnerships.
A delegation of up to eight (8) experienced Queensland narrative screen producers will each receive up to $3500 support to assist with the cost of travel and accommodation. Meetings will be facilitated by Screen Queensland and the New Zealand Film Commission but it is the applicant’s responsibility to arrange travel and accommodation. Dates of travel will be confirmed later this year.
EOIs must be received by 5pm Monday 4 September.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, applicants must be experienced narrative screen producers that:
- Can demonstrate a successful track record as a narrative screen producer. Preference will be given to those producers who have generated a minimum of $1.5m Queensland Production Expenditure (QPE) in the past three (3) years
- Have at least one narrative feature film or series project that would be suitable as an Australia/New Zealand co-production and are also keen to receive project pitches from New Zealand producers
- Are looking to establishing co-production partnerships with New Zealand producers
- Are available to travel to New Zealand within the next six months (dates to be confirmed)
- Are bonafide Queenslanders
- Are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Are not involved with any projects in default with Screen Queensland
- Are not full-time students
- Are not employed by a Government Screen Agency nor employed by a broadcaster
- Submit a complete application by the closing date. Applications can be submitted at https://screenqueensland.smartygrants.com.au/
How will my application be assessed?
You will need to submit a short application form, including:
- CV/Bios of people travelling
- One-pagers for all projects being taken to New Zealand
- Any demonstrated marketplace interest in proposed projects
- Producer statement for all projects outlining:
- Expectations of meetings/networking
- Proposed co-production structure, including which ATL and BTL positions will be held by Queensland practitioners.
- Benefits to projects and your company.
You will also be asked to identify any dates that you are not available for travel in the next six months.
Eligible applications will be assessed by Screen Queensland on the following criteria:
- Track record of the applicant
- Quality of the project/s submitted and their suitability to Australia/New Zealand co-production
- Potential for the applicant to establish meaningful co-production partnerships through this opportunity.
How do I apply?
- Read through the guidelines on this page
- If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application contact SQ’s Content team (07) 3248 0500 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply online at https://screenqueensland.smartygrants.com.au/ by 5pm Monday 4 September 2017. An automated application email will be sent to you within 30 minutes as confirmation that Screen Queensland has received your application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screen Queensland if you do not receive an application receipt email. Incomplete and ineligible applications will not be assessed.
- Allow four (4) weeks from the closing date to learn the outcome of your application. In this time, you may be asked to provide further information or participate in an interview with Screen Queensland.
Due to the volume of applications, individual feedback will not be available for unsuccessful applicants.
About Screen Queensland
Screen Queensland is a government-owned company based in Brisbane, Australia, that exists to grow the screen industry on all platforms to be a significant contributor to the economic and cultural well-being of Queensland.