SQ has three rolling investment programs that support the development of compelling, Queensland-created screen content across their lifecycle from developing IDEAS to pitching at MARKET and securing FINANCE to produce the project.
Each stage of a project’s life is supported through a different program. Explore the overview below.
Ideas Program – investment for projects in development that are seeking to secure market attachment and finance and proceed to production
This program is for screen practitioners with projects at concept or later-stage development.
Successful applications for this program can receive up to $25,000 depending on the stage of their project.
Support provided through this program is 110% recoupable by SQ on the first day of principal photography.
Market Program – grants for travel to attract market partners
PLEASE NOTE: The market program is currently suspended. Please contactSQ if you have any questions.
This program is for individuals or teams traveling to screen industry markets to attract support and finance for their projects.
Successful applicants for this program can receive up to $7,500 towards attending market opportunities depending on the location and the number of people travelling.
Finance Program – investment for projects headed into production (or development of games)
This program supports screen stories in their production stage.
The program provides up to $50,000 for games and up to $850,000 for other screen stories depending on their size, budget, other investors and expenditure in Queensland.
Investments through the Finance Program are recoupable.
Who Can Apply?
SQ Investments are open to anyone who:
- Lives and works in Queensland (and has been a resident of the state for more than 6 months)
- Is an Australian resident working with someone in a key creative role (writer, director, producer) who lives and works in Queensland
- Can provide the required detail/documents for the program they are applying for – more information can be found on each of the program pages
- Owns the rights to the story they are telling
- Has read and complies with our Terms of Trade
What SQ is looking for?
Your proposal will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Is it a good story?
- Is it well-told and likely to excite an audience?
- Does the team have a clear idea of who their audience is and how to reach them?
- Is the budget appropriate for the kind of project and the size of the audience it will reach?
- Does the team have a good reputation for delivering what it says it will and the skills to make this happen?
- How will this impact the careers of Queensland talent and the state screen sector more broadly?
We seek to support the creation and growth of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander screen content, practitioners and representation across our industry and state. Additionally, we are committed to ensuring diverse representation across all aspects of the production and development process, including differences in gender; age; Aboriginal identity; cultural and linguistic diversit; disability; sexuality and gender identities, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI+), location (including regional and remote areas); and socio-economic status.
SQ are keen to help you submit the best application you possibly can, so please feel free to call or email us should be need assistance.
Call us on 07 3248 0500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org