The sqhub initiative brings together Qld film industry professionals through providing creative community spaces known as hubs. These spaces allow industry specialists to grow sustainable business practices through working with likeminded people in a dynamic and creative space.
Funded by the Queensland Government through Screen Queensland (SQ), this program is open to Queensland based screen creatives from across the film, television and gaming sectors. It provides physical office facilities, bespoke business development opportunities and co-working spaces at an accessible cost and is ideal for screen businesses in their start-up or growth phases.
How do you get involved?
Screen creatives are able to apply for a 12 month residency inside one of the two hubs currently in operation. These are located at the SQ head office (Newstead, Brisbane) and Bond University Gold Coast Campus (Robina, Gold Coast).
Hub residents receive:
- A full-time desk space inside the hub (or a part time desk if preferred)
- Office/ business facilities including internet, electricity, meeting rooms and general office furniture
- Three sessions with screen industry specialist consultants 113 Partners who will work with you to develop a bespoke plan for your business’s growth and development
- Free access to sqhub events (these mentorship programs, masterclasses and workshops with leading industry experts, as well as networking opportunities)
- A community manager to assist you on your creative journey
Additional benefits exclusive to Bond University Gold Coast Campus Creative Hub:
- Participation in the Bond University internship program through the Film and TV School or games program, which gives you access to a Bond University intern of your choice for one trimester per year (at no financial cost to you)
- Free car parking
Full time $181.50 per month per desk including GST*
Part time $88.00 per month per desk including GST^
*You are able to stipulate how many desks are required for your business residency through the application process. Full time access is defined as five dedicated days in the office per week, however 24/7 access is granted.
^You are able to stipulate how many desks are required for your residency through the application process. Part time access is defined as two dedicated days in the office per week, however 24/7 access is still granted.