Scripted Summit LA 2017
Screen Queensland (SQ) will support three (3) mid-late career Queensland screenwriters to attend the Scripted Summit in LA, 7-8 November 2017.
Scripted is North America’s preeminent conference and market for the business of scripted entertainment. Scripted brings together the tops creators, producers, buyers and distributors of scripted programming. For two days, the focus is on dissecting the business, networking and deals. In a nutshell, unique access to leaders in the global scripted entertainment industry.
At Scripted, you can join the discussion on what’s working now, hear key scripted execs share their POV on how to navigate massive industry change during debates, intimate breakout sessions and roundtables on new business models and what’s next. Through networking-friendly sessions like Luncheon Roundtables, Meet a Mentor, and 30 Minutes With… you can make face-to-face connections to further your projects.
Each successful applicant will receive registration to the Scripted Summit as well as $3000 to assist with the cost of travel and accommodation for the two-day summit. Applications must be submitted by 5pm Friday 8 September.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, applicants must be mid-late career screenwriters that:
- Can demonstrate a successful track record as a screenwriter. Preference will be given to writers who have credits in feature film or television series.
- Have at least one scripted feature film or series project in development that they would like to pitch at Scripted
- Are available to travel to LA for the Scripted Summit, 7-8 November 2017
- Are bonafide Queenslanders
- Are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Are not involved with any projects in default with Screen Queensland
- Are not full-time students
- Are not employed by a Government Screen Agency nor employed by a broadcaster
- Submit a complete application by the closing date. Applications can be submitted at https://screenqueensland.smartygrants.com.au/
How will my application be assessed?
You will need to submit a short application form, including:
- CV/Bios of person travelling
- One-pagers for all projects being taken to Scripted Summit
- Any demonstrated marketplace interest in proposed projects
- Writer statement for all projects outlining the benefits of attending on projects and professional development.
Eligible applications will be assessed by Screen Queensland on the following criteria:
- Track record of the applicant
- Quality of the project/s submitted
- Potential for the applicant and projects to benefit from attendance at Scripted.
How do I apply?
- Read through the guidelines on this page
- If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application contact Screen Queensland (07) 3248 0500 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply online at https://screenqueensland.smartygrants.com.au/ by 5pm Friday 8 September 2017. An automated application email will be sent to you within 30 minutes as confirmation that Screen Queensland has received your application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screen Queensland if you do not receive an application receipt email. Incomplete and ineligible applications will not be assessed.
- Allow three (3) weeks from the closing date to learn the outcome of your application. In this time, you may be asked to provide further information or participate in an interview with Screen Queensland.
Due to the volume of applications, individual feedback will not be available for unsuccessful applicants.
About Screen Queensland
Screen Queensland is a government-owned company based in Brisbane, Australia, that exists to grow the screen industry on all platforms to be a significant contributor to the economic and cultural well-being of Queensland.