screen production investment
What is Screen Production Investment?
Screen Queensland (SQ) Screen Production Investment supports producers to create high quality screen projects capable of engaging local and international audiences, winning critical acclaim and achieving commercial success.
Funding may be used for production and post-production of screen projects in any genre and for any platform.
SQ cannot retrospectively fund, meaning any screen project that has entered pre-production is not eligible to apply.
What does Screen Queensland fund?
SQ funds screen stories from Queensland Producers and Australian Producers working with a Queensland Producer or Line Producer. Production funding is broken down into the following areas:
Fiction series, long-form single narratives, single documentary and documentary series and interstitial content for broadcast via television, SVOD, VOD or internet streaming service.
Feature films and feature documentaries intended for theatrical release, VOD, SVOD or a streaming service.
How do you apply?
- Read the guidelines, paying special attention to the eligibility and assessment criteria for the fund. Your team must pass all eligibility and strongly satisfy all assessment criteria to have a competitive application. Incomplete and ineligible applications will not be assessed.
- Contact Screen Queensland’s Content team to discuss your application. Email email@example.com or phone (07) 3248 0500. Screen Queensland is unable to discuss your application while it is undergoing assessment.
- If you are requesting more than $100,000 your application will be assessed in rounds subject to board approval. Consult the Board Dates to determine which deadline will be appropriate for your application. If you are requesting $100,000 or less, your application may be submitted at any time.
- Complete the application form at https://screenqueensland.smartygrants.com.au/. An automated email will be sent to you within 30 minutes of your submission to indicate Screen Queensland has received your submission. It is your responsibility as applicant to contact Screen Queensland if you do not receive an application receipt email.
- Screen Queensland will notify the applicant via email of any missing materials. These materials will need to be submitted within five (5) business days of notification or the project will not proceed to assessment and will be deemed withdrawn. An application will only proceed to assessment when all sections of the form are complete and all requested materials and documentation have been submitted satisfactorily. Allow at least six weeks to receive notification of your application’s outcome.
What documents should you read?
Prior to getting in touch and of course applying, take a look at our:
Have a question?
Screen Queensland’s content team is happy to discuss our programs or your project at any stage prior to application, simply call +61 7 3248 0500 and ask to discuss the Screen Production & Game Development Investment.