The Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC) is leading a delegation of Australian documentary and factual practitioners to Hot Docs, North America’s largest documentary festival and marketplace, in 2020.
Screen Queensland will support up to two (2) experienced Queensland producers with a slate of documentary or factual projects in development suited to international co-production, to attend AIDC (29 Feburary – 4 March) and Hot Docs (4 May – 8 May) in 2020. Producers can apply for up to $5000 through SQ’s Market program to support the cost of registration fees, travel and accommodation to both AIDC and Hot Docs.
Delegates will also receive:
- attendance at an invitation only co-production lab with Canadian delegation on 29 February and 1 March 2020
- full access to the Hot Docs Festival screenings and conference sessions
- access to apply to Hot Docs one-on-one Deal Maker meetings with Broadcasters and Funders from around the world (closing date to apply is 20 January 2020)
- access to apply to Hot Docs Distribution Rendezvous meetings with top-level distributors, sales agents and festival programmers (closing date to apply is 12 March 2020)
- access to the Hot Docs Forum, Hot Docs’ renowned international co-financing event, showcasing the best projects from around the world to a round table of international buyers and industry observers. Forum lunches are included for delegation members. (closing date to apply is 6 January 2020)
- One free film submission to the Doc Shop, Hot Docs’ on-demand digital video library for international buyers and programmers (a highly discounted rate can be negotiated for additional titles). All submitted films will be featured in a prominent playlist on the website’s homepage (the deadline to submit films for inclusion in the Doc Shop is 20 March 2020)
Producers must have a slate of documentary/factual projects in development that are suited to international co-production (especially Canada).
Applications are due 31 January 2020, late applications will not be assessed.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in late February 2020.
More information at https://www.aidc.com.au/initiatives-and-awards/delegations/