Acknowledgement of Country
Screen Queensland acknowledges the Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the owners of this country and recognise their connection to land, sea and community. We pay our respects to them, their cultures, and to their elders, past, present and emerging. At Screen Queensland we are committed to empowering Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander practitioners to share their rich culture and perspectives with the Queensland and global community through screen storytelling.
Jobs at SQ
Content Director (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Program)
About this opportunity:
- Analyse projects and other opportunities for funding through full assessment and recommendation in content-focused programs, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander projects and projects with First Nation considerations including investment programs and business development initiatives.
- Make critical creative, budgetary, and scheduling recommendations regarding investment and other funding applications.
- Manage a slate of screen projects from funding through to delivery, providing professional feedback to practitioners and the SQ team.
- Manage programs within budget and schedule, ensuring applications, assessment, on time delivery, payment, and repayment/recoupment processes run smoothly and are properly recorded, including the management of a pool of external assessors.
- Develop and deliver ideas for newfound talent initiatives within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Film Community, consistent with SQ’s strategic aims and the remit of the Content team.
- Contribute to the review of program guidelines, terms of trade and contracts to ensure their relevance and ambition.
- Work with the Content team and the wider SQ team to maintain, grow and share market intelligence, develop industry networks, and – with responsibility for tracking talent and projects – promote the Queensland industry through those channels.
- Liaise with domestic organisations that contribute to, or have an interest in, the development of the Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Film Community, and work in partnership with them.
- Build strong professional networks that are a fit with our strategic priorities.
- Find and professionally nurture new Queensland talent.
- Participate in and travel to key industry events as required.
You will have:
- A demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in the screen sector, delivering projects to budget and on time.
- Demonstrated up to date knowledge of production, production finance, markets and audience for screen projects and creative development.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of digital storytelling, screen narratives both scripted and factual, for new and emerging platforms and a passion for innovation.
- Engaging and open communication skills, including an ability to engage with both creative and business-focused industry practitioners.
- A proven record to form and nurture relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in and a passion for finding and nurturing new talent.
- A positive, can do and collegiate approach to work, a great attitude, and a willingness to work flexibly with the needs of fast-moving projects in a busy team.
Please submit your application as soon as possible, we will be assessing candidates as they apply.