The 15% Post, Digital and Visual Effects (PDV) Incentive aims to attract footloose* screen projects to use PDV facilities in Queensland.
*A project is considered footloose if there is evidence of genuine interstate or international PDV destination alternatives.
(The below dates are in AEST)
|Board Meeting||Applications Close|
|Wednesday, 22 June 2022||Wednesday, 11 May 2022|
|Wednesday, 17 August 2022||Wednesday, 6 July 2022|
|Wednesday, 5 October 2022||Wednesday, 31 August 2022|
|Wednesday, 7 December 2022||Wednesday, 26 October 2022|
PDV Inventive Aim
The Post, Digital and Visual Effects (PDV) Incentive aims to attract footloose screen projects to utilise PDV facilities in Queensland.
The objectives of the incentive are to:
- increase the level of PDV work in the State of Queensland;
- increase skills development and employment opportunities for Queenslanders working in the PDV sector; and
- increase business activity for Queensland based PDV companies.
Applicants with projects that are eligible for the PDV may also be eligible for funding through other Screen Queensland programs. For projects undertaking physical production in Queensland see both our Screen Finance Program guidelines and Production Attraction Incentive guidelines.
This incentive program is open to all Australian and international producers, production companies and studios with screen projects that:
- are spending a minimum of AU$250,000 on qualifying PDV work in Queensland (qualifying PDV work as defined under the Australian Federal Government’s PDV Offset (exceptions and exclusions listed below), with all resulting expenditure incurred and retained in Queensland);
- are footloose (i.e., there is evidence of genuine interstate or international PDV destination alternatives);
- are engaging a majority of screen industry practitioners who are Bona Fide Queensland residents.
Please read the incentive guidelines for the full eligibility requirements.
The incentive is generally calculated at fifteen percent (15%) of the qualifying Queensland PDV expenditure. The incentive amount will be at the discretion of Screen Queensland and is subject to the availability of funding at the time of application.
Applications for the PDV Incentive are assessed in accordance with these guidelines, with a focus on the following criteria:
- Economic Benefits – Will the project deliver economic benefits to Queensland (e.g. inward investment (qualifying Queensland PDV expenditure) and onward economic benefits)?
- Industry Benefits – Will the project deliver industry benefits to Queensland (e.g. opportunities for businesses and screen practitioners to secure work, to promote growth and success, and for training and skills development)?
Applications must be made online through Screen Queensland’s SmartyGrants system. The online application form above is available to preview prior to starting.
During the application process applicants will be required to provide key information and documentation. A full list is available in the incentive guidelines above.
Please contact Naomi Wenck (Production Attraction and Investment Director) with any questions regarding the application.
The Everyone Project
As a member of the Screen Diversity and Inclusion Network (SDIN), Screen Queensland uses The Everyone Project to benchmark and track the diversity of the Australian screen industry.
The Everyone Project is an easy-to-use survey and reporting tool that invites people working on current projects to self-identify on a set of characteristics to help us benchmark and track the impact of work to diversify the talent and crews working in the screen industry.
Productions supported through Screen Queensland must register with The Everyone Project and, with appropriate consent, provide their cast and crew’s names, roles and contact details so that they may be invited to participate in voluntary, de-identified demographic surveys.
Learn more about The Everyone Project.
IMPORTANT: Documents to read before you apply
Screen Queensland is keen to help you put forward your best application, so please contact us should you have any questions.
Naomi Wenck, Production Attraction Director
+61 7 3248 0500