Location: West End, Brisbane
Duration: 6 months
Salary: Based on experience
Applications close: Friday 26 May
Screen Queensland and 5 Lives Studios are thrilled to announce a 6-month paid internship opportunity for an intern Generalist Artist for an exciting new IP.
Supported by Screen Queensland, this is an opportunity to join industry veterans who have worked on a wide variety of genres and properties, including Syndicate, Grand Theft Auto, Darksiders, Star Wars and more.
WHO CAN APPLY
People with self-taught game art experience or those who have completed study in an area. People who have completed study in an area such as Computer Science, Digital Art or Interactive Games or those with self-taught game art experience are encouraged to apply. Applicants will have lived and worked in Queensland for at least 6 months prior to applying and be available to work full time and on-site in West End, Brisbane.
Screen Queensland and 5 Lives Studios encourages applications from under-represented groups in the games industry. We value diversity of culture, race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander practitioners are also strongly encouraged.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter responding to the selection criteria below (maximum 1 page), your resume, and a portfolio demonstrating a broad range of genres or work projects.
Applications close Friday 26 May and must be submitted online via Smarty Grants.
- Fast learner and is willing to expand their skill set.
- Has completed study in a Computer Science, Digital Art or an Interactive Games Degree/diploma or has self-taught game art experience.
- Skills in general 2D and/or 3D game art, with VFX skills also highly considered.
- Professional and able to work in a team environment.
- Contribute ideas and feedback to the company and games they produce.
- Passion for games, game development news and technology.
- Has some experience with source control software, but not required.
- Positive, self-motivated attitude with good communication, verbal and written.
- Ability to both receive and give constructive feedback.
- Must be a bona fide Queensland resident, who has lived and worked in Queensland for at least 6 months prior to application.
- Jira and Confluence (training available)
- Plastic Source Control (training available)
ABOUT 5 LIVES STUDIOS
5 Lives Studios is an independent videogames developer located in Brisbane, focused on creating high-quality, original titles with a small, friendly team. 5 Lives Studios were nominated for Best Art in Australian Game Developer Awards in 2020. Find out more at www.5livesstudios.com.