CLOSED. Screen Queensland, in partnership with Screenworks, will host an exclusive screen skills workshop for emerging and early-career screen practitioners in Cairns, on Friday 25 November.
Facilitated by Riannon Del Favero, the workshop will commence with an industry panel that explores behind the camera skills in areas including locations, stunts and safety, camera, sound, lighting, production and art – referred to as “below the line” production roles.
Following the panel session with special industry guests, DOP Braydon Moloney and Audio Technician David Cox will explore basic, hands-on skills with camera and audio equipment, offering a practical learning experience for attendees.
The panel will cover:
- Tips and tricks gained from first-hand experience in production
- Expectations on-set including etiquette and travel requirements
- Production roles and their reporting status
- Positions most sought after and the best pathways into the industry
- Technical presentations and advice on how to be set ready crews.
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions, as well as network with the special guest speaker’s post-event.
MANAGER, STUDIO OPERATIONS, SCREEN QUEENSLAND
LOCATION MANAGER, KITE FISH FILMS
ACTION DIRECTOR/STUNTS COORDINATOR