The SQ & Stan Premium Drama Development Fund for 2018 is now closed. Read more about the successful projects here.
Screen Queensland (SQ) and Stan have partnered to co-fund a premium drama investment pool to support the development of Queensland-created high‐end drama series suitable for the Stan SVOD platform and with potential to resonate in Australia and internationally.
The Screen Queensland + Stan Premium Drama Development Fund will support Queensland creatives and producers in the development of high-end drama that meets the Stan Original programming mandate of world class shows for Stan’s Australian audience and international audiences alike.
Stan is Australia’s leading local streaming platform. Since launching in 2015, Stan has established a reputation for producing cutting edge dramas and ground-‐breaking comedies which have delighted the Stan audience and found homes internationally on high profile networks in the US, UK and elsewhere. Stan Originals include two gripping seasons of the award-winning WOLF CREEK, from creator Greg Mclean; ROMPER STOMPER, the multi-Logie nominated series continuing the legacy of Geoffrey Wright’s iconic film; and NO ACTIVITY, now also a hit US series starring Will Ferrell and Bob Odenkirk. Stan is delighted to partner in this initiative with Screen Queensland, which has been hugely successful in growing the Queensland and Australian screen industry, with a consistent throughput of high-end local and international film and television projects contributing significantly to the economic and cultural wellbeing of Queensland. This is Screen Queensland’s second partnership with Stan, with the first delivering the Queensland-‐ created, fully financed feature film THE SECOND through the Fully Funded Features initiative.
Applicants can apply as individuals or teams and can submit up to three concepts for high-‐ end drama with international ambitions and suitable for Stan’s SVOD platform. Two rounds will be offered in 2018 based on experience level:
- RISING will be for all early-‐mid career Queensland-‐based creative talent and teams without experience in series drama. In the first instance, up to four RISING concepts will be shortlisted and will take part in development workshops to strengthen their concepts. RISING opens in June 2018 and closes 5pm, Friday 17 August 2018.
- ESTABLISHED will be for experienced Queensland talent and production companies with a track record in drama series. ESTABLISHED opens October 2018 and closes 5pm, Friday 2 November.
How do I apply?
- CLICK HERE for GUIDELINES, paying special attention to the eligibility and assessment criteria for the fund. Your team must pass all eligibility and strongly satisfy all assessment criteria to have a competitive application.
- Contact the SQ Content team if you have any questions or would like to discuss your application (07) 3248 0500 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply online at http://screenqueensland.smartygrants.com.au/ by 5pm, Friday 17 August 2018 for RISING and by 5pm, Monday 3 December 2018 for ESTABLISHED. An automated application email will be sent to you within 30 minutes as confirmation that Screen Queensland has received your application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screen Queensland if you do not receive an application receipt email. Late, incomplete and/or ineligible applications will not be assessed.
- Applicants may be asked to provide additional documentation and participate in interviews if assessors require further information.