Screen Queensland and Screenworks will support two Far North and/or North Queensland-based practitioners to participate in the XR Mentorship Program.
The program will offer two practitioners interested in the XR sector to be mentored by one of two industry professionals via two zoom sessions, before being supported with travel to Brisbane for an expenses-paid working week where they will shadow their mentor and engage with the industry in a professional capacity.
Discover more about the industry mentors participating in this program, via Screenworks’ latest webinar.
WHO CAN APPLY
To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, aged 18 or over
- be bona fide Queenslanders and be emerging and diverse producers (in accordance with Screen Queensland’s Terms of Trade).
- demonstrate an interest in the extended reality (XR) industry
- demonstrate they have been living in Far North Queensland for six months before submitting an application.
Applicants who do not fulfil these obligations will not be eligible.
Please note, diverse screen practitioners identifying as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse, female, non-binary, LGBTQIA+, person living with disability, regional or remotely based, under-represented age and socio-economic status can apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit an application via the link below by Tuesday 27 September, 11.59pm AEST. Late applications will not be accepted.
HOW WILL APPLICATIONS BE ASSESSED
- The following selection criteria will be considered when assessing applications:
- The potential for the mentoring opportunity to help the applicant build relevant industry skills.
- The skills, achievements, experience and track record of the applicant.
- The applicant’s potential to contribute to and enhance the growth of screen production in Far North Queensland.
Screenworks will manage the online application process and initially assess all applications for eligibility and quality. Shortlisted applications will be assessed by Screen Queensland and the industry mentors.
This program is delivered by Screenworks as part of Screen Queensland’s Far North Queensland Screen Production Strategic Plan.