Screen Queensland (SQ) and Stan have partnered for a second year to co-invest in the development of scripted series for the Stan streaming platform.
The initiative is designed to simulate a real-world experience from start to finish through a two-stage pitching process.
Stage One Pitch
SQ is now accepting EOI applications to take part in Stage One pitch meetings. The EOIs that most strongly respond to Stan’s Creative Brief will be invited to have a pitch meeting with Screen Queensland executives, comprising:
- 5 minutes to pitch your idea
- 5 minutes for questions
- 5 minutes for feedback on your project and pitch.
Your project will be assessed based on the criteria outlined below – see “How will projects be chosen?”
Stage Two Pitch
Up to 15 writers/teams will then be shortlisted and will have the opportunity to refine their pitch and project materials before presenting their ideas directly to Stan’s Chief Content Officer, Nick Forward.
SQ and Stan will select up to four or more projects to support through development to a point where Stan can consider commissioning for production. If your pitch is successful, SQ and Stan will work with you to determine what the next development steps of your project are and how much should be invested to take the project forward.
Who can apply?
Writers or creative teams with a project that meets Stan’s Creative Brief and who:
- Live and work in Queensland (and have been residents of the state for more than six months); or
- Are Australian residents working with someone in a key creative role (writer, director, producer) who lives and works in Queensland (projects may have out of state elements but must be driven by Queensland talent. Investment will primarily be directed at the Queensland elements); and
- Own the rights to the story being pitched; and
- Meet the eligibility criteria outlined in SQ’s Terms of Trade and the application form.
Download the guidelines below for full information and the creative brief.
Expressions of interest for pitch meetings are due 5:00pm 21 February 2020