‘Once in a lifetime’ opportunity to see what goes on behind-the-scenes on the Netflix series, Tidelands.
Here’s your chance to observe what goes on behind-the-scenes and spend a day on set on Netflix’s first Australian original TV series, Tidelands, filming now in Brisbane with Hoodlum Entertainment, and supported by the Queensland Government through Screen Queensland (SQ).
The series stars Charlotte Best and Elsa Pataky and will be released globally on Netflix later this year.
Tidelands follows Cal McTeer, a young woman who returns home to the small fishing village of Orphelin Bay after ten years in juvenile detention. But her hometown is shrouded in mysteries, the greatest of which is the commune of outcasts who live in a hidden pocket of the bay: the Tidelanders.
TO ENTER – You must be following Screen Queensland on Facebook and Instagram and comment below in 25 words or less why you deserve to win this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Competition closes 5.00pm tomorrow, Tuesday 10 July 2018 and SQ will notify the prize winner by 12noon on Wednesday 11 July via Messenger and their name will be published on our Facebook page.
Please note this competition is open to all Queenslanders and entrants do not have to be working in the screen industry.
You need to be available this Thursday 12 July for the day in a Brisbane location. Further terms and conditions are located below:
* PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition ‘Once in a lifetime’ opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes on Netflix series, Tidelands (“Competition”) is conducted by Screen Queensland ABN 20 056 169 316 of Suite 1, 30 Florence Street, Newstead, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, phone (07) 3248 0500 (Promoter); in conjunction with Netflix and Hoodlum Productions (Tidelands).
2) Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
3) The Competition commences at 3:30pm AEST on 09/07/18 and closes at 05:00 pm AEST on 10/07/18 (“Entry Period”).
4) The Competition is only open to individuals who:
(i) are bona fide Queensland residents with supporting identification to demonstrate this;
(ii) are 18 years of age or over;
(iii) enter via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/screenqueensland/during the Entry Period;
(iv) who are not employees of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; (“Entrant”);
(v) are available for the entire day of Thursday 12 July 2018 and have transport to and from the Tidelands set, Brisbane location to be disclosed after the competition has been drawn;
(vi) acknowledges that their name and photos may be published by Screen Queensland in relation to this Promotion.
(vii) Entrants do not need to be working in the screen industry – open to all Queenslanders.
5) There is no cost to enter the Competition.
6) This is not a paid position, nor is it replacing an existing position. It is an opportunity to accompany the producer on set and experience how a production set operates.
7) The Promoter is not and shall not and will not be liable for any associated costs the successful Entrant may incur associated with incidental expenses, flights, accommodation and transport to and from the ‘Tidelands’ set.
8) Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
9) The Promoter may reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
10) The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12) The entrant must comment in 25 words or less why they deserve to win this once in a lifetime opportunity! Screen Queensland will be looking for the most creative and enthusiastic person. At the end of the Entry Period, Screen Queensland will judge all acceptable entries and select one (1) successful entrant (‘Winner’).
13) By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
14) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
THE PRIZE AND THE WINNER
1) A single winner will be selected at 10:00am AEST on 11/7/18 at Screen Qld, Suite 1, 30 Florence Street, Newstead Qld 4006.
2) The Prize Winner will be notified in writing immediately via Messenger. The name of the prize Winner will also be published on our Facebook social media page.
3) The Winner must be available to attend onset (Brisbane location) for the entire day of Thursday 12 July 2018.
4) Screen Queensland will decide the winner at its sole discretion and luck plays no part in this competition.
5) Screen Queensland’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6) The Prize has no monetary value and cannot be transferred or utilised in any manner or fashion by any other person or persons.