SQ Working the Pitch 2018
Screen Queensland has partnered with The Solid State to deliver an intensive two-day masterclass and extended consultation for four teams of Queensland filmmakers on creating an effective trailer, marketing and pitching your screen project. The initiative suits projects considered ready to go to market, with the intended goal that each participating team will walk away with an ability to articulate a robust pitch that sells their feature film or broadcast project, and a concept trailer as a tool to raise finance and secure market attachment.
Following an intensive two-day masterclass on creating an effective trailer, marketing and pitching your screen project to distributors, participants will develop a brief for their film’s trailer. The Solid State will then review each brief and respond with a range of trailer scripts for the participants’ consideration. Each team will go on to create a trailer over eight (8) weeks and receive guidance and feedback from The Solid State on three cuts of their trailer. The final trailers will be showcased to a room of market representatives (e.g. distributors, production companies, festival directors) for further feedback.
Successful factual producers will also be supported to attend the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP) in Brisbane in November 2018. Scripted producers will have the opportunity to apply to attend a key industry market in early 2019.
- Applications due – 5pm Monday 4 June 2018
- 2 day workshop – Week of 23 July 2018
- Trailers due – Week of 10 September 2018
- Showcase – October 2018
- World Congress Science and Factual Producers – November 2018
How do I apply?
- Read through the SQ Working the Pitch Guidelines
- Contact the SQ Content team if you have any questions or would like to discuss your application (07) 3248 0500 / email@example.com
- Apply online at https://screenqueensland.smartygrants.com.au/ by 5pm Monday 4 June 2018. An automated application email will be sent to you within 30 minutes as confirmation that Screen Queensland has received your application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Screen Queensland if you do not receive an application receipt email. Late, incomplete and/or ineligible applications will not be assessed.
- Applicants may be asked to provide additional documentation and participate interviews if assessors require further information. Applicants will be notified of outcomes in mid-July 2018