Universal Pictures is offering free tickets to SQ followers to attend an exclusive preview screening of the new World War 1 film 1917 at Reading Cinemas – Newmarket, Brisbane (Tuesday 10 December 19, 6.30pm).
Tickets are limited to a maximum of 20 double passes, first in best dressed. If you are successful you will receive a confirmation RSVP email with the screening details by Friday, 6 December 19.
Sam Mendes, the Oscar®-winning director of Skyfall, Spectre and American Beauty, brings his singular vision to his World War I epic, 1917. At the height of the First World War, two young British soldiers, Schofield (Captain Fantastic’s George MacKay) and Blake (Game of Thrones’ Dean-Charles Chapman) are given a seemingly impossible mission. In a race against time, they must cross enemy territory and deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack on hundreds of soldiers—Blake’s own brother among them. Also starring Colin Firth and Benedict Cumberbatch, 1917 is in Cinemas January 9.
Terms and conditions
- This promotion “1917 – special preview screening for SQ followers’” (“promotion”) is conducted by Screen Queensland Pty Ltd ABN 20 056 169 316 of Suite 1, 30 Florence Street, Newstead, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, phone (07) 3248 0500 (Promoter)
- The promotion will run from Saturday, 29 November 19 to Wednesday, 4 December 19 or until all the tickets has been claimed.
- To claim a ticket, entrants must complete the form found at https://screenqueensland.com.au/sq-news/promotion before the closing date and agree to these terms and conditions.
- One entry per person
- Successful entrants will be contact via email.
- Tickets/ passes will be distributed by email by Universal Pictures by Friday, 6 December 2019.
- Tickets are not redeemable for cash.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions entrants agree to have their details shared with Universal for the purposes of pass distribution.
- The Promoter is not, shall not and will not be liable for any associated costs the Winner and/or their guest may incur during the claiming of the prize.
- Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions or has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
- In the event that the Winners are unable to collect their prize, the judges may select additional reserve entries that they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant.
- Entrants must also complete all requested details including, but not limited to, full name, address, contact number, valid and current email address.
- By entering and participating, Entrant and Promoter agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) Entrant’s participation in the Competition, or (ii) Entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize awarded in connection with this Competition (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, or changes to the production schedule for the Picture, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) if the set visit is postponed, delayed or cancelled for any reason outside of the Promoter’s control; and (g) use of a prize.
- Entrants’ personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal information will be stored on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter may use this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant electronically. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The Promoter collects personal information about Entrants to enable them to participate in this Competition and may disclose the Entrants’ personal information to third parties including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and service providers to assist in conducting this Competition. If the Entrant does not provide their personal information as requested, they may be ineligible to enter or claim a prize in the Competition. Personal information collected from Entrants will not be disclosed to any entity located outside of Australia.