Expressions of interest close 9am on Monday 22 February 2021.
If you’d like to discuss the role please contact Screen Queensland 3248 0500 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Screen Queensland is seeking an Executive Producer to oversee the development, production and post-production of six to eight short films with a focus on diversity, linked by theme, character or location.
The Executive Producer will work with a team of up to eight producers to coordinate the intensive process from development in March to delivery in October 2021.
Screen Queensland is looking for someone with a strong handle on budgets, schedules and editorial, who is passionate about nurturing talent and facilitating an empowered environment where bold, daring, original stories can be told.
You will need to be able to guide delivery to a strong, unified vision for the anthology feature film and manage relationships with a variety of investors, market partners and creatives to a tight deadline.
The Executive Producer should have experience working as a producer or production manager on longform projects or have produced a significant amount of high-quality short-form content.
What are we looking for?
For the purposes of this program this is recognised as differences in gender; age; Aboriginal identity; Torres Strait Islander identity; cultural and linguistic diversity (CaLD); disability; sexuality and gender identities, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI+), location (including regional and remote areas); and socio-economic status.
EOIs will be assessed against:
- Track record and experience as a producer
- Ability to deliver multiple projects to budget and schedule
- Ability to manage multiple creative teams to a unified vision
- Demonstrated ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders
- Potential impact for the Queensland screen industry, and particularly talent from under-represented backgrounds.
Availability between mid Feb to October 2021 to deliver project
Your application will need to include:
- A cover letter (max 2 pages) that talks to what SQ is looking for and the experience and expertise you can bring to emerging filmmakers from an underrepresented background in this role
- CV and short bio
- Links to previous work