SQ welcomes the SBS and NITV team to Queensland
Established and emerging producers, directors, writers and onscreen talent are invited to join us for the annual meet the broadcasters event in Cairns this month. This event is an opportunity for screen industry professionals to understand the priorities of SBS and NITV so they can better pitch and sell their broadcast ideas. Patrons will hear direct from the source what SBS and NITV are looking for, why certain stories are being told and how to get their script or project taken seriously!
The event will include presentations, discussions and a Q & A with:
- James Taylor – Managing Director, SBS
- Sue Masters – Head of Scripted, SBS
- Josh Martin – Commissioning Editor, Entertainment and Food, SBS
- Tanya Orman – Channel Manager, NITV
- Chris Irvine – Head of Commercial and Production, SBS
- Jim Carroll – Director of News and Current Affairs, SBS
- Mandi Wicks – Director, Audio and Language Content, SBS
When: Tuesday, 14 August 19
Where: Tank 3, Tanks Art Centre, 46 Collins Ave, Cairns
SQ encourages fresh, new and diverse voices from across the screen industry to attend. Spots are limited – registrations essential.
Event run sheet:
Guest arrival – 5.00pm – 5.30pm
Presentation and Q&A – 5.30pm – 7.00pm
Networking – 7.00pm – 8.00pm
Why should you attend?
Information is power and this event will give you loads of it! More specifically you’ll have the opportunity to further understand what makes projects attractive to SBS – giving you a better chance of getting your story on screen! Plus you’ll have the opportunity to connect with some key industry professionals and meet like-minded professionals.