The Queensland Government is seeking experienced and skilled individuals to join the Board overseeing its screen agency, Screen Queensland.
SQ, the Queensland Government’s screen agency, is seeking to appoint a Chair and up to nine Directors to join its Board.
Board Directors must have the following skills and attributes to successfully meet the Board’s and the organisation’s objectives:
- an understanding of, and commitment to, the focus of SQ and its breadth of services to the screen industry
- the skills and ability to contribute to its strategic direction and performance monitoring
- the ability to contribute to the SQ’s growth and viability through leveraging existing networks and helping to develop new ones
- highly developed communications skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- excellent understanding and experience of good practice relating to governance of organisations and risk management
- demonstrated capacity to contribute at board level, including an understanding of legal and compliance.
Experience in one or more of the following is also considered highly desirable:
- film and television production and post-production
- virtual reality / augmented reality / multimedia
- marketing / digital media / communications / media relations
- grants administration
- creative industries and/or creative industries education
- Indigenous culture
- audit, accounting and financial management
- business and corporate governance
- Overseeing the delivery of Queensland Government objectives for the screen industry
- Working constructively with the CEO and the Queensland Government
- Setting the strategic direction of SQ
- Reviewing, ratifying and monitoring systems of risk management and internal control, audit and legal compliance
- Monitoring the performance of the CEO and other executives and their implementation of strategy
- Approving and monitoring the annual budget and financial and other reporting
- Complying with Board members’ responsibilities including avoidance of conflicts of interest.
- Complying with Queensland Government regulations and requirements
- Approving any significant business venture proposed by management.
Applications close 6 September 2021.