Screen Queensland invites you to ‘Meet the Broadcasters’ – ABC on Wednesday 6 May 2015, 3.30pm – 6.00pm at the ABC Brisbane Centre, South Brisbane.
ABC TV aims to be the home of Australian stories. This session is a great opportunity to meet the ABC TV team and learn more about what they are looking to commission and how to pitch new ideas.
During the presentation, you’ll hear from:
• Richard Finlayson, Director of Television, on the overall ABC TV strategy
• Rebecca Heap, Head of Digital Products, on ABC’s plans in the digital space with iview
• Deirdre Brennan, Head of Children’s will share the key priorities in Children’s commissioning
• Brendan Dahill, Head of Programming will walk through the ABC schedule so you understand the their audience and where your ideas could fit; and
• Adrian Swift, Head of Content & Creative Development will take time with Genre and ABC Commercial to talk about what they’re looking to commission and how you should pitch ideas
Date: Wednesday, 6 May 2015
Location: ABC Brisbane Centre, Cnr Grey & Russell Streets, South Brisbane QLD 4101
Time: Presentation, 3.30pm – 5.00pm followed by networking, 5.00pm – 6.00pm
Cost: FREE – RSVPs are essential. There will be a door list and name tags for all guests on arrival
RSVP: Please click here to REGISTER via the Eventbrite page
Catering: Light canapés and drinks will be provided for all guests during the networking event
Location: Paid parking is available in the South Bank Parklands Underground Car Park. The car park is accessible via Tribune St and Little Stanley St, South Brisbane. The closest public transport options are the South Brisbane train station, Cultural Centre bus station or the CityCat (South Brisbane terminal).
We hope to see you there!
Best regards –