SQBusiness – Strategy is a new initiative that enables Queensland production companies to grow and strengthen their businesses through a process of strategic development.
Screen Queensland (SQ) will provide five (5) production companies a grant of AUD $5,000 – to be matched by the production company – to fund services from Untangled Octopus to develop strategies to grow and strengthen their businesses. The five companies will be chosen based on assessment criteria with the decision being jointly made by SQ and Untangled Octopus.
Untangled Octopus is a leader in its field acting as strategic adviser to Australia’s most cutting edge creative businesses. They bring a wealth of insights, access to strategic partnerships and on-ground experience to their clients. They have proven track record of supporting creative businesses looking to develop robust and achievable strategic plans covering domestic and international growth, financial management, resourcing, operations and exit strategies.
Eligible applicants are:
– Queensland-based production entities where the entity is at least 50 per cent owned by bona-fide Queenslanders
– Production entities (or their principal owners) need to have generated at least $1.5m in Queensland Production Expenditure (QPE) over the past three (3) years
– At least one of the principal owners of the production entity requires a producer credit (co-producer, producer or executive producer) on a feature film (released theatrically on at least 6 screens) or on a television series or single episode (broadcast on either an Australian network or streaming service – or reputable international equivalent) in the last three years.
– Production entities require the ability to commit $5,000 towards the strategic development process
Wednesday 6 July 2016 – SQ / Untangled Octopus briefing
SQ will hold a briefing for producers and production companies where Untangled Octopus explains generally some basics of strategy and planning for an entertainment business.
REGISTER HERE FOR THE BRIEFING ON WED 6 JULY
Monday 18 July 5.00pm AEST – Deadline for applications.
**Please note late applications will not be assessed**
Friday 22 July 2016 – Selected companies will be notified by SQ.
How will the program be assessed?
• The current track record of the production entity and their potential given their previous work
• The creative potential of the production entity
• The business potential of the production entity
CLICK HERE for further information and to apply for SQBusiness.
For any questions, please contact us on:
+61 73248 0500 or