EOIs close DATE
Screen Queensland is calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) from North Queensland-based screen companies to host professional development placements of either:
- six-month duration, with up to $25,000 support per placement (max. of four)
- 12-month duration, with up to $50,000 support per placement (max. of two)
Host companies will be required to demonstrate the ability to support the placements as on-the-job training and skills development opportunities and to co-fund the positions to ensure salaries are appropriate and fair..
This initiative is funded through Screen Queensland’s North Queensland Regional Program, which facilitates targeted support and skills development opportunities to increase production capacity in the region.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The opportunity is suited to active businesses with a strong track record in the areas of production, post-production, visual effects, or audio post-production.
The host may nominate roles, indicating their value to the business and how they will meet skills gaps in the Queensland Screen industry. These could include:
- Production Office Assistant
- Screen Trades
Eligible businesses will be those operating in the North Queensland region (Please see map for definition) with more than 50 per cent of its workforce based in the region and meet general eligibility requirements as set out in the Screen Queensland Terms of Trade.
Screen Queensland encourages Expressions of Interest from businesses whose employees, teams and work reflects the diversity of our state and will give consideration in the selection process to ensure, where possible, that the program outcomes represent Screen Queensland’s commitment to supporting people who are under-represented by gender, culture and language, race, sexuality, disability, and low socio-economic status. First Nations businesses are encouraged to apply.
HOW MUCH CAN I APPLY FOR?
Eligible Queensland companies can apply for a contribution of $25,000 (six-months) or $50,000 (one-year) per placement to cover wages and other employment costs. It is expected that the host company will co-fund the placements that it is proposing to take on to ensure the annual salary for each placement is appropriate and fair.
WHAT CAN I APPLY FOR?
Host companies can apply to host up to two (2) placements, commensurate with demonstrated ability to provide industry standard on-the-job training and skills development, equipment and employment services.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION
To apply, please submit an EOI by outlining the following:
- Information about your business including:
- CVs for all key personnel, especially those who will be providing mentorship to the placement/s
- Business purpose
- Key achievements in past three years
- Vision statement for next 12 months
- A 6-month or 12-month plan outlining how you will support the placement/s both practically and financially
- A statement addressing your proposal’s benefits to the growth and success of your business
- A statement addressing your proposal’s benefits to the North Queensland screen industry.
WHAT IS SCREEN QUEENSLAND LOOKING FOR?
Your EOI will be assessed on the strength of the proposal, specifically noting:
- Strength, viability and suitability of the 6-month or 12-month placement plan
- Track record and potential of the host company
- Impact on the North Queensland screen sector and broader screen industry.
WHAT ARE THE REPORTING REQUIREMENTS?
Successful host companies will provide brief quarterly reports with updates on milestones and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) as well as a more detailed final report at the end of the 6-month or 12-month period. Members of the Screen Queensland team will remain in regular contact with successful companies throughout the 6-month or 12-month period.
Practitioners interested in an internship can register to be notified when applications open. Please sign-up to our enewsletter, indicating that you are based in North Queensland.
IMAGE: by William Rouse