VP, DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION (2 positions)
• Screen industry (Australia and International; covers all platforms and genres)
• Based Brisbane, in vibrant Newstead/Teneriffe location
Your job as VP, Development & Production (D & P) is simple – help us find exciting talent and stories, develop them for the screen and support them into and through production and on their path to audiences in Australia and worldwide watching on platforms traditional, new and emerging; and help us build an innovative, successful screen industry as part of the SQ D & P team.
The role will contribute to the delivery of Screen Queensland’s strategy and, within that, the strategic goals of the D & P team that drives The Production Fund, The Development Fund, The Marketing Fund, and groundbreaking talent, career and industry-building initiatives under the Queensland Originals banner. You will be a passionate and committed screen industry professional, with a range of skills and knowledge that include production, production finance, markets and audience, creative development, and professional networks relevant to the role. Screen Queensland is looking for a range of skills to complete an expanding D & P team, and is particularly keen to hear from applicants with knowledge/experience of digital storytelling, screen narratives for new and emerging platforms and a passion for innovation.
ABOUT SCREEN QUEENSLAND
Screen Queensland is a government-owned company that invests in talent and projects to grow a creative, innovative and successful screen industry with a focus on stories and global audiences, secures production to Queensland, and delivers an active screen culture across the state. www.screenqueensland.com.au
The key aspects of this role will include, but are not limited to:
• Analyse screen projects
• Provide creative and commercial feedback on projects (all screens; all genres)
• Make critical recommendations regarding development and production investment
• Manage a slate of projects
• Find and nurture talent
• Build networks – based on open and clear communication and a spirit of partnership – with partner organisations, industry and other stakeholders in Australia and internationally
• Share industry trends and market intelligence in Australia and internationally
• Travel, as required, to key industry events
• Design and implement initiatives designed to build talent, careers and industry
Applicants for the position must address each of the selection criteria in writing.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of production, production finance, markets and audience for screen projects, creative development, and professional networks relevant to the role.
2. Demonstrated knowledge/experience of digital storytelling, screen narratives for new and emerging platforms and a passion for innovation (preferred)
3. Demonstrated experience in and passion for the production of screen stories
4. Demonstrated experience in and passion for finding and nurturing talent
5. Engaging and open communication skills, including an ability to engage both creative and business-focused industry practitioners
6. A positive and collegiate approach to work, a great attitude and a willingness to work flexibly with the needs of fast moving projects in a busy team.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated commensurate with your qualifications and experience. The Screen Queensland team is passionate and committed to the Queensland screen industry and to sharing the work of its talented storytellers and in Australia and worldwide. We work hard. We work together. And we also like to have fun.
Your application must include:
1. Cover letter (in Word or pdf format) – no more than two pages and it must include a response to the selection criteria above.
2. Resume – clearly detailing your skills and experience as relevant to this role. Please include the details of two referees.
Applications are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For further information, please contact Jo Dillon, EVP, Development and Production on 07 3248 0500| email@example.com