Market dates: 3–6 March 2024
Applications close: Wednesday 10 January 2024
Screen Queensland is offering up to 10 Queensland practitioners the opportunity to attend the Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC) from Sunday 3–Wednesday 6 March 2024.
AIDC is Australia’s premier event for non-fiction content, featuring a four-day marketplace, forum and screening program. AIDC is committed to connecting creators and viewers of non-fiction screen content to support and elevate documentary and factual storytelling.
Grants include event registration (valued at $995) with travel support for of up to $1,000 available upon request. There are two streams available:
- 5x Queensland practitioners to attend AIDC 2024 in Melbourne
- 5x Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander practitioners from Queensland to attend AIDC 2024 in Melbourne
AIDC is supported by the Queensland Government via Screen Queensland’s Screen Culture fund. Discover more about AIDC here.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be assessed through the SmartyGrants platform and will require the following documentation and information:
- CV of people travelling
- List of proposed meetings
- Budget for travel
- One-pagers for all projects being taken to market
- Any demonstrated market place interest in proposed projects
- Producer’s statement for all projects:
– expectations of market/meetings
– benefits to projects and professional development
- Additional statement substantially demonstrating why it is essential that the team travel
together to the same event (where applicable)
Applicants must keep in mind the following:
- Queensland practitioners can request financial support for flights and accommodation of up to AU$1,000.00 in addition to registration.
- The grant will include an All Access Pass to the Conference at the value of AU$995.