Win an Asia Pacific Screen Forum ‘Ultimate Access’ pass and join the conversation! Enter for your chance to win a complimentary pass for all four days of panels, screenings, Q&As, and networking from 1–4 November 2023 at Home of the Arts, HOTA, Gold Coast.
For early-career filmmakers looking for a night out, don’t miss the ‘Reel Connections’ panel and networking event. You can hear from local and international leaders and award-winning filmmakers about the latest opportunities and issues impacting the screen sector. Connect with like-minded storytellers and practitioners and be a part of the global conversation
The Ultimate Access pass includes the all the following panels, screenings and Q&As: (Excludes awards ceremony, travel, parking or accommodation to attend.)
Wednesday 1 November — Forum Opening – Spotlight on South East Asia panel and screening of Tiger Stripes
Thursday 2 November — Strengthening Bonds: Australia & India, What Does it Mean To Be Safe on Set, In Conversation with Clara Law, Reel Connections
Friday 3 November — Riceboy Sleeps screening, followed by a Q&A with filmmaker Anthony Shim
Saturday 4 November — Tora’s Husband screening, followed by a filmmaker Q&A with filmmaker Rima Das, A Song Sung Blue screening, followed by a filmmaker Q&A with filmmakers Hao Jiayue and Jane Zheng Evil Does Not Exist screening, followed by a filmmaker Q&A with Satoshi Takata
Screen Queensland is a proud partner of the Asia Pacific Screen Forum and Awards through the Screen Culture fund.
HOW TO ENTER
Submit your details in the form below to enter the random prize draw to win an ultimate access passe to the Asia Pacific Screen Forum 2023.
Competition closes 8:00am (AEST) Monday 30 October, 2023
PLEASE NOTE: Only Queensland-based entrants will be eligible.
Prize collection details: The APSA team will email the winners to let them know their pass will be available for collection from Wednesday 1 NOV from 2 pm at the APSA registration desk, located on level 2, outside the Panorama Room at the Home of the Arts, HOTA.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Win an ultimate access pass to the Asia Pacific Screen Forum 2023
- This competition “Win an ultimate access pass to the Asia Pacific Screen Forum 2023(“Competition”) is conducted by Screen Queensland Pty Ltd ABN 20 056 169 316 of Level 2, 130 Commercial Road, Teneriffe, Queensland 4005, phone (07) 3248 0500 (Promoter)
- Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions
- The Competition commences on Wednesday 25 October 2023 and closes at Monday 30 October 2023 at 8:am AEST (“Entry Period”)
- The Winner of this competition will receive an ultimate access pass to attend all the forum’s panels, screenings, Q&As and networking events. (excludes APSA Awards ceremony)
- Screen Queensland takes no responsibility for passes not being accepted.
- Passes are valid at participating cinemas subjects to pass Terms and Conditions
- To enter, an Entrant must:
- Visit this competition https://screenqueensland.com.au/sq-news/apply-now/aspaforum-competition-2023/
- Fill in the competition form with your full name, email address, phone number and postcode, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- And complete step 1 and 2 during the entry period.
- The Competition is open to individuals (“Entrants”) who:
- are bona fide Queensland residents with supporting identification to demonstrate this;
- are 18 years of age or over;
- enter via the https://screenqueensland.com.au/sq-news/apply-now/aspaforum-competition-2023/ during the Entry Period;
- who are not employees (or immediate family members of employees) of Screen Queensland;
- acknowledges that their name, photos and video may be published by Screen Queensland and its licensees and assigns in relation to this Competition.
- entrants do not need to be working in the screen industry – open to all Queenslanders.
- Entrants can only enter once if an entrant enters multiple times only their first entry will be included in the draw.
- There will be one winner randomly selected via a random number generator.
- Winners will be selected via chance and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be selected on Monday 30 October 2023 and will be notified via email.
- Winners have 24 hours to claim their prize and provide all the requested details or Screen Queensland will select another winner.
- The Prize will be emailed to the winners. If the prize is posted to winners, it will be done by Australia Post standard mail.
- There is no cost to enter the Competition.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- The Promoter is not, shall not and will not be liable for any associated costs the Winner and/or their guest may incur during the claiming of the prize.
- Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions or has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
- In the event that the Winners are unable to collect their prize, the judges may select additional reserve entries that they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant.
- Entrants must also complete all requested details including, but not limited to, full name, address, contact number, valid and current email address.
- By entering and participating, Entrant and Promoter agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) Entrant’s participation in the Competition, or (ii) Entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize awarded in connection with this Competition (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, or changes to the production schedule for the Picture, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) if the set visit is postponed, delayed or cancelled for any reason outside of the Promoter’s control; and (g) use of a prize.
- Entrants’ personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal information will be stored on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter may use this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant electronically. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The Promoter collects personal information about Entrants to enable them to participate in this Competition and may disclose the Entrants’ personal information to third parties including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and service providers to assist in conducting this Competition. If the Entrant does not provide their personal information as requested, they may be ineligible to enter or claim a prize in the Competition. Personal information collected from Entrants will not be disclosed to any entity located outside of Australia.
Image by Jacqueline Bawtree, courtesy of the Asia Pacific Screen Academy