This episode celebrates the rich history and diverse cultures and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander filmmakers. We interview Douglas Watkin about his work at Screen Queensland as Content Director, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Program.
We discuss decolonising filmmaking, reflect on what makes an authentic Australian story and explore the challenges of filmmaking for First Nations peoples. We acknowledge and celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first storytellers of this land – Always Was, Always Will Be.
- Douglas Watkin – Content director of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander program
- SQMob and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategy
- Authentic – Applications close midnight 29 November
- Make It In FNQ – Register to be notified when applications open
- First Peoples: First Draft – Read about the recipients