SUPPORTING QUEENSLANDERS TO ATTEND MARKETS AND CONVENTIONS IN-PERSON AND ONLINE.
The Market and Travel Program is for Queensland-based individuals or teams travelling to screen industry markets, conventions and conferences to attract support and finance for their projects. Funding through this program supports flights, accommodation, ground travel and event registration.
Market support typically benefits producers and game developers looking to take a slate of 3+ projects to markets either nationally or internationally.
There is two ways to apply for the Screen Queensland Market Program:
- You may apply to attend any event of your choosing, submitting an application 8 weeks prior to the travel date. APPLY NOW
- Apply for specific market opportunities as offered by Screen Queensland. These opportunities will roll out throughout the year and have specific due dates.
HOW MUCH CAN I APPLY FOR?
- Grants of up to $5,000 for an individual and $7,500 for a team for markets outside the Asia Pacific region that suit your slate of 3+ projects (1 project for games)
- Grants of up to $3,500 for an individual and $5,000 for a team for markets within the Asia Pacific region that suit your slate of 3+ projects (1 project for games)
- Grants of up to $1,000 for an individual and $1,500 for a team for Australian markets that suit your slate of 3+ projects (1 project for games)
All travellers must be Queensland residents
Applications must be received at least 8 weeks prior to the departure date.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Eligible applicants for Market and Travel Program funding are:
- Practitioners and game developers who are Australian citizens or permanent residents living in Queensland, either travelling as an individual or a team.
- Attending a market or prestigious event.
- If representing a broadcast or theatrical project – taking a slate of at least three projects if travelling internationally, or at least one project if travelling domestically. In special circumstances, applicants may make a case for taking only one project internationally.
- If representing a games project – taking at least one project.
- The demonstrated owner of the rights to all projects listed as part of the application.
Please call Screen Queensland on (07) 3248 0500 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to discuss special circumstances for travel.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION
Market program applications must be received at least 8 weeks prior to your departure date but can be submitted at any time of year.
You can preview the application form on Smarty Grants.
Your proposal will need to include the following items
- Plan – an outline of who you are going to meet and why they’ll be interested in your slate
- Strategy – why this market is the right one for you and your business/career
- Team – your cv and bio and those of anyone you are travelling with
Legalities – things you must have
- Rights to the story – tick the box
- Option agreement and/or the approval of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander owners of the story
- Writers/key creative agreement
WHAT IS SCREEN QUEENSLAND LOOKING FOR?
Your proposal will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Is it a good story?
- Is it well-told and likely to excite an audience?
- Does the team have a clear idea of who their audience is and how to reach them?
- Is the budget appropriate for the kind of project and the size of the audience it will reach?
- Does the team have a good reputation for delivering what it says it will and the skills to make this happen?
- How will this impact the careers of Queensland talent and the state screen sector more broadly?
We seek to support the creation and growth of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander screen content, practitioners and representation across our industry and state. Additionally, we are committed to ensuring diverse representation across all aspects of the production and development process, including differences in gender; age; Aboriginal identity; cultural and linguistic diversity; disability; sexuality and gender identities, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI+), location (including regional and remote areas); and socio-economic status.
APPLICATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submission of an application constitutes acceptance of these Guidelines and the application terms and conditions.
Applicants must notify Screen Queensland in writing if they have an actual, perceived or potential conflict of interest in applying for the Funding and, if so, the manner in which they propose to deal with the conflict.
The applicant retains all intellectual property rights in its submission. The applicant grants an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty and fee free licence to the Screen Queensland to use, adapt and modify its intellectual property rights in its submission for the purposes of Screen Queensland analysing and evaluating the applicant’s submission.
Screen Queensland’s liability in relation to the application process is limited to $1.
Screen Queensland reserves the right to change any element of the Funding, these Guidelines or the application process at any time and in its absolute discretion.
Screen Queensland is keen to help you submit the best application you possibly can, so please feel free to call or email us should be need assistance.
Call us on 07 3248 0500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org