Applications are now closed
Mid-late career Queensland based screenwriters are invited to apply for up to five places in an exclusive five-day writers lab development workshop taking place in Los Angeles known as Charlie’s Screen Qld Writers Lab
Applications close 5pm, Fri 30 August.
When: 28 Oct – 1 Nov
Where: AiF’s premises at “Charlie’s” – Raleigh Studios.
Successful applicants will receive:
- International flights & accommodation;
- Breakfast, lunch, refreshments & snacks will be provided for the Participants on each day of the Lab;
- Attendance at an exclusive networking reception with invited US industry guests, to meet the successful applicants;
- 1 (one) intimate VIP dinner with all applicants with a select group of invited US industry guests (approximately 12 guests);
- Access to selected mentors, daily workshop sessions and talks throughout the week-long lab
*All other incidental expenses will be the responsibility of the applicantDownload Guidelines
About Charlie’s Screen Qld Writers Lab
The lab will be held on Australian’s in Film (AiF) premises at “Charlie’s” at Raleigh Studios, with the goal to strengthen relationships between Queensland screen writers and the US screen industry.
During the week-long workshop, participants will develop their scripted projects with incredible mentors, meet with other industry creatives and workshop their ideas. Leading industry executives will share critical information about what the North American marketplace are looking for in scripted material. With Los Angeles being a key location for financing and distribution partners, Queensland content creators will use this information to shape their projects to be market ready.
Presented by SQ in partnership with AiF, the program is designed to accelerate the careers of Queensland screenwriting talent by facilitating networking and education opportunities, ensuring they are getting first-hand knowledge of the latest trends in the industry from current and leading professionals and decision makers in Hollywood.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, applicants must be mid-late career screenwriters that:
- Can demonstrate a successful track record as a screenwriter. Preference will be given to writers who have credits in feature film or television series, or who can demonstrate industry accolades from respected festivals and competitions (For example: Winner of the John Hinde Award for Excellence in Science-Fiction Screenwriting 2018)
- Have at least one scripted feature film or series project in development
- Are available to travel to LA for the Charlie’s Screen Qld Writers Lab, 28-1 November 2019
- Meet the Screen Queensland Terms of Trade
- Submit a complete application by the closing date. Applications can be submitted at http://screenqueensland.smartygrants.com.au/
- Have a valid passport (minimum 6 months remaining on a valid passport for the dates of travel)
- Are allowed entry to the United States