Our Market Program supports individuals or teams travelling to markets to secure finance partners for their project.
Explore the Market guidelines below
What the program covers
This program is for individuals or teams travelling to screen industry markets to attract support and finance for their projects.
Market support typically benefits producers and game developers looking to take a slate of 3+ projects to markets either nationally or internationally.
Market applications must be submitted 8 weeks prior to the travel date for the application.
How much can I apply for?
- Grants of up to $5,000 for an individual and $7,500 for a team for markets outside the Asia Pacific region that suit your slate of 3+ projects (1 project for games)
- Grants of up to $3,500 for an individual and $5,000 for a team for markets within the Asia Pacific region that suit your slate of 3+ projects (1 project for games)
- Grants of up to $1,000 for an individual and $1,500 for a team for Australian markets that suit your slate of 3+ projects (1 project for games)
All travellers must be Queensland residents
Applications must be received at least 8 weeks prior to the departure date.
Who can apply?
The Ideas Program is open to anyone who:
- Lives and works in Queensland (and has been a resident of the state for more than six months);
- Is an Australian resident working with someone in a key creative role (writer, director, producer) who lives and works in Queensland;
- Can provide the required detail/documents for the program they are applying for – more information can be found on each of the program pages
- Owns the rights to the story they are telling
- Has read and complies with our Terms of Trade
Preparing your application
Market program applications must be received at least 8 weeks prior to your departure date but can be submitted at any time of year.
You can preview the application form on Smarty Grants.
Your proposal will need to include the following items
- Plan – an outline of who you are going to meet and why they’ll be interested in your slate
- Strategy – why this market is the right one for you and your business/career
- Team – your cv and bio and those of anyone you are travelling with
Legalities – things you must have
- Rights to the story – tick the box
- Option agreement and/or the approval of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander owners of the story
- Writers/key creative agreement
What is SQ looking for?
Your proposal will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Is it a good story?
- Is it well-told and likely to excite an audience?
- Does the team have a clear idea of who their audience is and how to reach them?
- Is the budget appropriate for the kind of project and the size of the audience it will reach?
- Does the team have a good reputation for delivering what it says it will and the skills to make this happen?
- How will this impact the careers of Queensland talent and the state screen sector more broadly?
We seek to support the creation and growth of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander screen content, practitioners and representation across our industry and state. Additionally, we are committed to ensuring diverse representation across all aspects of the production and development process, including differences in gender; age; Aboriginal identity; cultural and linguistic diversity; disability; sexuality and gender identities, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI+), location (including regional and remote areas); and socio-economic status.
IMPORTANT: Documents to read before you apply
You must read our Terms of Trade, QPE definition and our corporate and strategic plans before preparing your application.
SQ are keen to help you submit the best application you possibly can, so please feel free to call or email us should be need assistance.
Call us on 07 3248 0500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org